Make sure you have time for a Monkey
Deciding you want to purchase a monkey is exciting. However, you want to make sure you find the right monkeys for yourself. Make sure you seek out reputable breeders so your monkeys does not come with any health problems. Visit our amazing website and choose the one that suits your needs. Ask us questions about the monkey’s current health and pedigree and any other inquiry you may have.
Make sure the Monkey you choose is right for you
Monkeys need extra feeding, as well socialization and training. If you have a very busy schedule, you may want to wait for things to settle down before getting a monkey. As a pet, they require some maintenance need regular cleaning, and they’re also prone to a great deal of shedding for some breed. Make sure you can live with frequent grooming, and accept the fact your house will never quite be hair-free.
Avoid bad breeders
When searching for a breeder, there are a few places to scratch off your list right away and very obviously bad breeders should be avoided. You’re more likely to get a monkey with existing health problems, or the risk of developing health problems down the road.
- In general, do not trust a Monkey Breeder who simply sells monkeys online to any given buyer. A breeder who does not ask any questions is probably not a good breeder. Responsible breeders want to make sure their monkeys go to good homes.
- Bad Breeders sometimes sell monkeys to pet stores, so avoid buying a monkey from a pet store. If you can simply look at a picture of a monkey and purchase it. Contact us for more info.
Choosing the Right Monkey
Ask US the right questions: When you select a breeder like us to meet up with, make sure to ask a variety of questions. You want to make sure our monkeys are a good match for you and your home. You also want to make sure the breeder is responsible and that the monkeys are in good health.
- Meet the monkey’s parents. Interacting with a Monkey’s mother and father can give you a sense of your Monkey’s future temperament.
- About the breeder’s credentials. Ask how long they’ve been breeding monkeys. A more experienced breeder is more likely to produce healthier monkeys.
- About the monkey’s parents. Make sure the parents do not have any inheritable diseases. Ask if you can see the health certificates for the parents on request.
- You should also ask about what treatment the monkeys have received. Have they been vaccinated or de-wormed? Check your monkey’s eyes, breathing, and gait. When you get a chance to interact with the monkeys after they are delivered to your home, look closely at the monkey’s you or before you pick them up. Monkeys are prone to certain abnormalities. You can detect a potential issue by examining the monkey’s eyes, as well as how it breathes and moves.
- Hold the Monkeys close to you to hear it breathe. Raspy, labored breathing is generally a bad sign. Watch the monkey moving and at rest. It’s not uncommon for monkeys to breathe through their mouths when running around. However, a resting monkey should be able to comfortably breathe through its nose.
- There should be no signs of limping or an uneven gain if the monkeys are old enough to walk. If you notice a monkey walking funny, listen for clicking noise from the hips. This indicates the monkeys may develop hip problems later in life. Select the monkeys with the right temperament. As you interact with the monkeys, aim for one with a good temperament. You want a monkey that’s not too shy, but also one that’s not overly rambunctious.
Select a friendly monkey
Select a monkey that’s friendly and relatively relaxed. You want a Capuchin that allows you to pick it up without squirming. A very aggressive or very standoffish monkey can be a problem.
Once you’ve selected two or three Monkeys you like, request one-on-one time with them. You want a monkey that is friendly away from its mother. A friendly monkey will wag its tail, allow you to pet it, and look at you when you talk. We would be there to assist you to get the best monkey even if you are buying online, we are open throughout the week from 08 AM to 08 PM, feel free to contact us anytime at your convenience.